||Who Should Follow This Page?
Get Started – The College
Below is a condensed list of the MyCollegeCalendar recommended tasks
for completing the college application process. The tasks are
listed in chronologic order.
10 or more colleges/universities.
3. Finalize your student
4. Decide on your student
theme to incorporate into application materials.
5. Register to take (or retake) the SAT® and/or ACT® tests.
6. Decide on which application schedule is best for you – Early,
Regular, Rolling or Late (Early is STRONGLY recommended).
paper copies of application materials for all colleges and universities you will apply to.
8. Fill out paper copies of college applications by hand.
9. Write college
10. Proof-read college application essays (at least one adult
should proof-read each essay).
11. Request official copies of grade transcripts from your high
school and community college (if you completed a community college
12. Create a list of adults you will ask for letters
letters of recommendation from adults (teachers, counselors, employers, other).
14. Completed letters of recommendation and Recommendation Forms
should be returned to students for mailing to colleges with other application
materials, or mailed directly to colleges by teachers/counselors/employers.
15. Finalize college
ACT® and SAT® scores have been sent to all colleges and universities you are applying to.
college applications online with essays pasted into application spaces provided.
18. Gather all other required college application materials
(i.e., Recommendation Forms, student résumé, official
19. Photocopy all paper college application materials.
all paper college application materials (i.e., Recommendation Forms, student résumé, official
21. Watch for decision
letters to arrive.
Back to College